It might be a dull thing to write a process analysis essay. At the same time, a process is a simple thing to explain, so most of the students get engaged. The main purpose of the process description paper is to present a step-by-step information on the way certain things function. The best example may be an instruction, guide, or recipe.
The target audience should understand the entire process and be able to complete it in chronological order by the end of reading. If the reader fails to perform a step-by-step solution, it means that the description was rather weak. That is why it is important to know not only the result but what your audience might expect to learn from your process essay. Perhaps, they have an idea of their own recipe for cooking fish, or they need an example to understand how the technical aspects work. Write about your own experiment to share new ideas.
It is not necessary to complete and follow a standard essay outline. In a process analysis, you just need to describe the process. Make each step a new paragraph. You may also be interested in having great examples of the process analysis essays in front of you.
However, just as in any academic essay, you must write an introduction for your process paper. Explain to the reader what the process is. Give reasons why it is important or relevant to the society. No information which is not related to the process description is necessary after this brief introduction. If the recipe says that people usually add lime to the cooked dish, put down this detail. There is no need to explain why it would taste better or start talking about the origins of the dish.
Complete Your Process Analysis Essay Step-by-Step
So, work on your paper according to these guidelines:
- In order to help your reader, include a list of necessary tools and equipment in chronological order. It will point to when and what your readers must use to get the expected result. There is no need to describe the equipment in details or share the guide on how to use it unless the terms are very specific. Then, you may write down where people usually get the following tools to complete the process. Your process essay may also include warnings regarding the usage of dangerous equipment or ingredients. List the possible security hazards and other risks. In your paper, you can make a list of common mistakes in order to prevent your readers from facing them.
- Following your chronological order, describe each step clearly. Even though it is recommended to follow the chronological order, think about the steps that can be taken at various moments. The main goal is to avoid confusing your audience. Thus, it might be a good idea to include sub-steps into the outline (e.g. Phase 1a, 1b,” etc. It is important to list the steps of your process analysis in a second person voice (“you”) as you are speaking to your reader. It will sound more direct, personal, and motivational.
- Keep on adding different transitional words and phrases. They are “once,” “as soon as,” “next,” “before,” “then.” It keeps your process analysis essay away from being repetitive.
- When it comes to working on a conclusion, review the entire process. Put down some helping notes to help the reader memorise the steps and make sure you did not skip any stage. As a rule, your writing formula for the great process analysis essay is rather simple: “First X, then Y, finally, Z.”
Revision Step and Good Topic Ideas for Writing
Even though it looks pretty easy, you should always revise your process analysis essay.
- Make sure the order of the steps is chronological. Do not repeat the same steps.
- Check whether you added important transitions to make your language rich and logical.
- Does your conclusion include the outcomes or advantages of the process?
- As the language might be very professional, check every word’s meaning once again to avoid misunderstanding.
- Work on your grammar. Download plagiarism and grammar checkers to avoid errors or copied parts of the text.
You can find more academic writing tips by this link.
Finally, here are some good topic ideas. Use them to write your process essay!
- How beer is crafted
- Steps of writing a research paper
- Explain how the computer works
- Guide on first aid
- French fries recipe from McDonald’s
- How to conduct a scientific research?
- Working on a professional resume
- Technical instruction for some equipment
- How to enter college
- Steps to sewing clothes
Don’ forget to buy a copyright to have the rights for using your paper reserved if it describes a unique recipe, preparation process, or technical innovation!
Are you searching for other ways to complete a process analysis essay? It might take a lot of time working on all your academic papers, so ease your life with the help of special academic writing services. Order custom essays on any topics from the qualified authors with years of experience, and get cheap solutions to your academic assignments of any type!